Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2004/02/01 17:16:06 UTC

Re: Bugtracking (Re: Lenya's Weblog Publication: Page Not Published ?)

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 20:59, Rudi Strasser wrote:
> Honestly, I feel a little uncomfortable adding bugs to the bugtracking system
> since I thought it is more a tool for the core developer. If that is not the
> case I will start to put my feedback into bugzilla.

Yes, please do so. It's fun and useful, if done right.

Bugzilla entries are products of testers and users, which are a valuable
developing resource paying off i.e in release management.

Bugzilla is - beside other things - a kind of a measure tool you can use
to measure, if a release is ready. It's ready, if bugzilla "says" no
more bugs to solve for release 1.2.

After one filed a bug, the committers can then decide how to handle the
bug i.e. confirm, assign or manage bugs in general. So the resource
"bugzilla entry" is used to catalyze further development steps.

Discussions get forgotten, only bugzilla entries remain :)
(This sentence is stolen and changed)

Rolf Kulemann

Always remember:
	"There is inherently no silver bullet." - F.Brooks

PGP/GPG public key:
	http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA