Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Khalid Ishaque <KI...@mltvacations.com> on 2003/11/12 23:13:23 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/crypto/NoSuchPaddingExcepti on

When I use JDK1.4 every thing works fine, but the second I switch to JDK
1.3.1, I get the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/crypto/NoSuchPaddingException error.  Any suggestions???

Thanks

--Khalid

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/crypto/NoSuchPaddingExcepti on

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hello Khalid,

My guess is that you're using NTLM authentication.  NTLM require the JCE
to work.  JCE is included in 1.4 JVMs but not in 1.3.1.  You will need
to include the JCE jars and initialize it correctly for NTLM to work.

Mike

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.