Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 21:24:59 UTC

Re: [appengine-java] Re: is it possible to use comet with java appengine?

This will, ironically, cancel out any first-byte latency penalty in
Tapestry 5 incurred by creating the response DOM then streaming that.
There's still a bit of a latency tax for large/long pages generated by
GAE, but it levels the playing field a bit.

Christian.

On 20-Apr-09, at 15:14 , Mike Pilsbury wrote:

> Streaming will not work, because the App Engine waits for the complete
> response from the servlet (it probably waits for the service method to
> return) before sending the response to the client.
>
> This is documented at
> http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime.html#Responses .
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM, KeremTiryaki
> <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hello
>> i did not find any article about comet(server-push streaming) with
>> java google appengine(j-gae).
>> can i use comet with j-gae?
>> for example: http://www.gwtapps.com/?page_id=31
>> this is an instant messenger application with gwt. it is using comet
>> method.
>> how can i use same method with my game project (http://code.google.com/
>> p/iflag <http://code.google.com/%0Ap/iflag>). i am using gae & gwt
>> for my
>> project. it will be an open
>> source online game about fallout.
>> must i use ajax polling method for my project?

Christian Edward Gruber
e-mail: christianedwardgruber@gmail.com
weblog: http://www.geekinasuit.com/