Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Carlson <kc...@speakeasy.org> on 2001/10/07 02:47:59 UTC

Directory count limitation under /webapps/?

I've recently started teaching myself JSP using Tomcat 4.0 Final (Win
binaries, standard installation) and the excellent book "Beginning JSP Web
Development" (Wrox).  Exercises in the book call for creation of over a
dozen subdirectories under the /webapps/ directory, one for each book
chapter.

Curiously, the Tomcat server doesn't recognize any new directories under
/webapps/ (or their contents) beyond the first 10 or so.  If I move new
files to an older directory, then the files are recognized just fine.  (Of
course, I'm stopping and restarting Tomcat before running any newly created
.jsp files each time.)  Is this a known limitation of Tomcat 4.0?

Thanks,
Kevin