Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/22 10:00:27 UTC

Re: tags not being created by git-svn (was: git-svnRe: svn commit: r658061 - /infrastructure/trunk/httpd-conf/vc.eu.apache.org/dontdothat.conf)

Hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gk...@apache.org> wrote:
> However, I see some weirdness. The biggest problem is that git-svn didn't
> create regular git branches that can be found in Cocoon's svn repository.
> Moreover, it seems to handle branches and tags the same way as remote
> branches. I think this explains what I mean:
> [...]
> Is it expected behaviour of git-svn?

Yes.

> Do you know how to deal with such situation? (I'm still new to git-svn)

Depends on what you want to do. The branch data (even if remote) is
included in the git clone (by fetch), so you can browse, checkout,
merge, diff, etc. the code in the branches.

I'm not sure if dcommit works on an svn branch or just the trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting