Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Mrs. Brisby" <mr...@nimh.org> on 2002/12/30 17:58:59 UTC

Re: sesion managing

There are many solutions to your problem that are perl specific and some
minor twists that are mod_perl specific. You may have better luck using
a perl-oriented mailing list for this topic, or read up on how HTTP
works and all the various places that you can store session information
(query string, path information, the hostname, cookies, etc), and decide
how much data you need to save and where you need to save it. If you
then decide that the _best_ place to do this requires mod_perl (btw:
none of the places I just suggested technically require it) then come
back and we can tell you how to accomplish that.

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 04:46, koudjo ametepe wrote:
hi everbody ,
How do you do
I developping an intranet project with perl and Mysql .
I encounter a problem and still i haven't found a solution .The problem
is
previously i was using php/mysql ; with the function sesssion_xxx i was
able to keep user id through all the pages and store it any time that
the user save something in the database .
Umfortunately i don't know how to do this with perl , i read some
articles on the net about it but i get nothing.
Please can you give me some ideas about the session managing in
perl/mysql
thanks
koudjo

Re: sesion managing

Posted by Terra Info <in...@terranovum.com>.
See http://search.cpan.org/author/SHERZODR/CGI-Session-3.11/
It is info on the Perl Module CGI::Session.
Tom

Mrs. Brisby wrote:

>There are many solutions to your problem that are perl specific and some
>minor twists that are mod_perl specific. You may have better luck using
>a perl-oriented mailing list for this topic, or read up on how HTTP
>works and all the various places that you can store session information
>(query string, path information, the hostname, cookies, etc), and decide
>how much data you need to save and where you need to save it. If you
>then decide that the _best_ place to do this requires mod_perl (btw:
>none of the places I just suggested technically require it) then come
>back and we can tell you how to accomplish that.
>

>On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 04:46, koudjo ametepe wrote:
>hi everbody ,
>How do you do
>I developping an intranet project with perl and Mysql .
>I encounter a problem and still i haven't found a solution .The problem
>is
>previously i was using php/mysql ; with the function sesssion_xxx i was
>able to keep user id through all the pages and store it any time that
>the user save something in the database .
>Umfortunately i don't know how to do this with perl , i read some
>articles on the net about it but i get nothing.
>Please can you give me some ideas about the session managing in
>perl/mysql
>thanks
>koudjo

Terra Novum Research