Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon Strayer <jo...@strayer.org> on 2007/06/09 17:04:37 UTC

Almost there

I'm trying to create my Maven 1 deployment process with Maven 2.  I think
I'm almost there.  The end result is to be a tarball with the project jar
and all dependencies in a lib directory and a scripts directory which has
the startup script that calls a generated file that sets the class path.
The generated class path is important because I'd like to keep the version
numbers on everything.  That and it's much nicer to have the dependencies
listed once and only once.

I can already get all the dependencies in the libs directory with the
dependency plug-in.  I can also generate a file with most of the class path
in it.  I assume I could use the assembly plug-in to generate the tarball.

What I need is either a way to get dependency:buld-classpath to add
"CLASSPATH={path to final jar}:" to the beginning of the class path file, or
some other way to prepend it.  What would be the easiest way to proceed?

I can't use appassembler unless it allows for a way to pass command line
arguments to the application and the ability to call other scripts from
within the generated script (pre and post execution).

--
Esse Quam Videre
To Be, rather than to Seem