Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 12:45:51 UTC

What does Lightweight mean?

ServiceMix is lightweight. I find the definition of lightweight is "A
component in a graphical user interface is lightweight if it is not rendered
in its own native window ". What does this mean to developers?

Re: What does Lightweight mean?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  While, what does highweight look like. Is there any ESB product which is
>  hightweight

If you're reviewing ServiceMix and possibly other ESBs, you might want
to take a look at the following document:

http://servicemix.apache.org/how-to-evaluate-an-esb.html

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: What does Lightweight mean?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If your ESB *must* be deployed onto a J2EE container, this usually means a
much higher weight, yeah.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:27 PM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  While, what does highweight look like. Is there any ESB product which is
>  hightweight
>

>  gnodet wrote:
>  >
>  > Lightweight: weighing relatively little compared with another item or
>  > object of similar use.
>  > It basically means that you can easily embed ServiceMix in your own
>  > application / server.
>  > You can also run it without neeeding 4 GB of ram and 8 CPUs ;-)
>  >
>  > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  ServiceMix is lightweight. I find the definition of lightweight is "A
>  >>  component in a graphical user interface is lightweight if it is not
>  >> rendered
>  >>  in its own native window ". What does this mean to developers?
>  >>  --
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/What-does-Lightweight-mean--tp15891176s12049p15891176.html
>  >>  Sent from the ServiceMix - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > --
>  > Cheers,
>  > Guillaume Nodet
>  > ------------------------
>  > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  >

>  --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Lightweight: weighing relatively little compared with another item or
object of similar use.
It basically means that you can easily embed ServiceMix in your own
application / server.
You can also run it without neeeding 4 GB of ram and 8 CPUs ;-)

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  ServiceMix is lightweight. I find the definition of lightweight is "A
>  component in a graphical user interface is lightweight if it is not rendered
>  in its own native window ". What does this mean to developers?
>  --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/