Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roland Roland <R_...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/10 15:14:31 UTC

[users@httpd] apache stops serving pages on high load

Dear all,

I have  "apache 1.3.33-6sarge3" running on debian as you guessed it.
(This is a VM)

Lately i've been facing an issue on high  page request (more than 18/s )
that apache stops serving requests. and the only solution is to restart
apache. where it works normally again till the next peak usage.
Ram,CPU as well as R/W are well within acceptable range.

Anyone faced such an issue ?

Best,

--Roland

Re: [users@httpd] apache stops serving pages on high load

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Roland Roland <R_...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have  "apache 1.3.33-6sarge3" running on debian as you guessed it. (This
> is a VM)

 Really? Someone is still running Apache 1.3.x ?

Lately i've been facing an issue on high  page request (more than 18/s )
> that apache stops serving requests. and the only solution is to restart
> apache. where it works normally again till the next peak usage.
> Ram,CPU as well as R/W are well within acceptable range.
>
> Anyone faced such an issue ?

 Tune your mpm_prefork modile, ie MaxClients, MaxRequestsPerChild and
increase them to fit   your traffic.