Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Brian Quirk <bp...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 21:34:44 UTC

[Studio] Extend Functionality Question

Good afternoon -

My project has a requirement to modify a user's group membership based on
values in a database. This process needs to run headless each time the user
logs into our system. The process is pretty straight forward: 1) query
database for the user's group information 2) modify the group(s) membership
in active directory 3) Log modifications.

I just installed Studio and connected to our active directory wo/ any issues
and really like what I see. So my question is: Can I extend (plugin?) Studio
functionality to query our database and then use Studio's add / delete
functionality to modify group membership? I'd need to be able to execute it
from the command line (as part of a login script). Does this make sense or
should I go another route entirely (JLDAP, for example).

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Re: [Studio] Extend Functionality Question

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian,

I don't recommend to use Studio for this task. Studio is a GUI tool.

I think it is easyer to write a script or a small program. To write the
group membership in AD you could use JLDAP or (my recommendation) JNDI.
I think it would be a program with less than 100 LOC.

Regards,
Stefan Seelmann