Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/22 05:50:21 UTC

How to start

Hello every one:
I am  very new to this type of projects. I need a security gate for my
application to manage users/groups/roles permissions. I use struts 2. I
am still looking around before I build my own security gate. I noticed
that jetspeed-2 has a poor documentation, and it will take time to
master it. Is there any other easier a lighter alternatives? If not is
there a good documentation about how to start ?

Re: How to start

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mansour,

I don't know what your requirements of security gate are like and I'm not an expert for Jetspeed
2.
However, I'd like to write some information for you.

Jetspeed 2 is an enterprise portal, so it provides more than just a security gate for various
applications. And to integrate applications with Jetspeed 2, the applications must be JSR-168
portlet applications. (But, fortunately, it provides some bridges for Struts, JSF, etc.)

I think the followings are useful for the portal concepts:
- Portlets and Apache Portals Book. [1]
  Chapter 2, 3, 12
  Also, Chapter 11 could be very useful if you want to integrate your struts applications without
any code modification.
- Struts Portlet Bridge. http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-portlet-bridges.html.
- Jetspeed 2 Tutorial. http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/

[1] Portlets and Apache Portals Book. http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/developers.html.