Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/04/25 14:30:31 UTC

Re: Help: Installation, Error creating org.apache.cocoon .processor.ldap.LdapProcessor:

Ja, ist hier in meiner Schublade.

Uli

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Centralized place (CJAN) for java??

Posted by Paul Russell <Pa...@uea.ac.uk>.
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Brian wrote:

> Hello all,
> 	What I am proposing is something like CPAN (I'm calling it CJAN
> for lack of a more creative name). This archive could be mirrored and
> updarted dynamically, have a "module" that uses reflection to find
> dependencies, downloads all packages and adds them to the users classpath
> (CJAN.java -> CPAN.pm)....

I was looking at doing this too... Got anywhere yet?

Paul

Centralized place (CJAN) for java??

Posted by Brian <gi...@dipswitch.penguinpowered.com>.
Hello all,

	If you are anything like me, you have found yourself in the
situation of writing an API for a project thinking no one else has written
this sort of thing. You had searched on Freshmeat, DaveCentral(maybe),
javasoft, blackdown, maybe even at java apache and thought it hadn't been
done. But lo and behold, it was written, possibly better than yours
(Never!! :-) )...

	What I am proposing is something like CPAN (I'm calling it CJAN
for lack of a more creative name). This archive could be mirrored and
updarted dynamically, have a "module" that uses reflection to find
dependencies, downloads all packages and adds them to the users classpath
(CJAN.java -> CPAN.pm)....

	Is there something like this out there already?? If so, I've been
living in a very dark hole for a while now! Tell me your thoughts,
possible solutions, etc....I'm ready and willing to start something if
others want this too!

					Thanks!
						Brian

Brian Gilman