Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/03/12 23:41:13 UTC

Build path generated by eclipse plug-in

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any way to configure eclipse plug-in to
add only direct dependencies to the project's build path?

I think this is far more desired because this way IDE will tell us if we
have some dependency in our code that is not specified directly in
project's pom.
It's considered to be bad practice to rely on transitive dependencies
but current eclipse plug-in's behavior does not help avoiding them.

What do you think?

PS. I can provide real scenario where this behavior led to hard-to-track
errors and wasted 2 hours of developer's time...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski