Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by no...@apache.org on 2011/07/01 16:00:08 UTC

Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)

Dear OGNL Developers,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for  Wed, 20 July 2011, 10 am Pacific. The report
for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
requires your report to be submitted one week before the board meeting, to allow
sufficient time for review.

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
should submit your report is one week prior to the board meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report
----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

 * Your project name
 * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
   or necessarily of its field
 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
   graduation.
 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
 * How has the community developed since the last report
 * How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2011

Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
      created from a template.

Mentors
-------
Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Sorry, side effect of C'n'P:

OGNL

Apache OGNL is a Java development framework for Object-Graph
Navigation Language, plus other extras such as list projection and
selection and lambda expressions.

The project joined the Incubator on April 26, 2011.

 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
towards graduation.

 - make at least a big release that shows to Commons PMC the
compliancy level of OGNL to Commons policies;
 - attract more users, at the moment only Apache Struts people are
interested because they heavily use OGNL;
 - attract new committers.

 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware

 - not every PPMC member joined the private ML yet;
 - due to OpenSymphony dismissing, we need importing old issues to ASF
jira. We finally contacted someone from OpenSymphony and obtained the
huge Issue dump/XML backup, there is someone that is working on it,
but due to security policy (the dump contains also users and password
hashes), before importing it, an open-heart surgery is needed.

 * How has the community developed since the last report

Community activity decreased since codebase has been imported &
polished; we finally reached Luc Blanchard, the other OGNL original
author, that signed & submitted the OGNL SoftwareGrant & ICLA - we
also voted him as a new committer since he should have been included
in the initial committers list

 * How has the project developed since the last report.

A reported above, codebase has been imported & polished, we are in the
middle of a big refactoring stripping off generated code by JavaCC
that was versioned in the SCM and modified.

Signed off by mentor:

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all again folks,
+1 I think we can resolve all items in the status page,

we just need a release then IMHO we're ready to submit our graduation
proposal by the next board report :)

I don't know if it could be the quickest, but of course one of the quicker ;)

Have a nice day, all the best!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well done Simone!!

> [...]

> towards
> >   graduation.
> >  * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
> aware of
> >  * How has the community developed since the last report
> >  * How has the project developed since the last report.
> >
> > This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:
> >
> >  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2011
> >
> > Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this
> page is
> >      created from a template.
> >
> > Mentors
> > -------
> > Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
> the
> > Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
> > project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ognl.html
>
> In fact, I think we can resolve every item there. At which point I'd
> argue we can be graduated by the next board report :)

+1
Was it the quickest incubation ever then? :-)

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Simone Tripodi
<si...@apache.org> wrote:

> Community activity decreased since codebase has been imported &
> polished; we finally reached Luc Blanchard, the other OGNL original
> author, that signed & submitted the OGNL SoftwareGrant & ICLA - we
> also voted him as a new committer since he should have been included
> in the initial committers list

Excellent :)

Does that mean we can sign off some of the status items?

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ognl.html

In fact, I think we can resolve every item there. At which point I'd
argue we can be graduated by the next board report :)

Hen

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for July 2011 (dev@commons.apache.org)

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all guys,