Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2006/06/29 17:33:07 UTC

get parameterized text from bundle in backing bean

How can I get parameterized text in my backing bean from the resource
bundle?

e.g. my.message = hello {0}

I know how to get the bundle but not how to pass parameters.

Do I have to use MessageFormat after getting the message value from the
bundle or are there any better alternatives (like OutputFormatTag)?

Michael

Re: get parameterized text from bundle in backing bean

Posted by Matthias Fischer <Ma...@doubleSlash.de>.
> How can I get parameterized text in my backing bean from the resource
> bundle?
> e.g. my.message = hello {0}

Use
org.apache.myfaces.util.MessageUtils

Here you will find several getMessage methods for this purpose.

Kind regards
Matthias Fischer