Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2013/12/19 21:46:32 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday December 20, 8:30 am Pacific Time

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, December 20 at 8:30 am
PacificTime (PST) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

We use the conference call for audio and use Google Hangouts for screen
sharing and video.
The Google Hangouts URL for the meeting: http://goo.gl/sCKJaS

Agenda:
1. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates
2. Updates on JDO-625 "Support for streams":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625
3. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Dec 13 2013] AI Michael update JDO-625 to include output options and
char, varchar support.
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob
as persistent field types
[Nov 8 2013] AI Michelle update the web page to point to the release
notes in JIRA.
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch
to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to
ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods. In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday December 20, 8:30 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

No meeting the rest of the year. Next meeting Friday January 3 8:30 AM PT. Happy Holidays to All!

Agenda:

1. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates

No change. Just one issue remaining: downloading from mirrors doesn't work. The downloads come from maven central regardless of the setting of the download mirror dropdown.

2. Updates on JDO-625 "Support for streams": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625

Michael has added a comment to the JIRA. Perhaps an approach is to do something similar to what DataNucleus has that supports File. JDO could define a Streamable interface that could be mapped to a blob/clob in the database. We would want the interface to be the same regardless of whether there are differences in implementation of BLOB and CLOB in the underlying database.

3. Other issues

New JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-727
Reference to http://www.datanucleus.org/products/accessplatform/jdo/orm/datastore_identifiers.html

It seems useful to compare the various implementations and choose one. The JIRA suggests adopting the JPA naming of datastore identifiers.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Dec 13 2013] AI Michael update JDO-625 to include output options and char, varchar support. done
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob as persistent field types
[Nov 8 2013] AI Michelle update the web page to point to the release notes in JIRA. done
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods. In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or nontransactional action

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com