Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Prakhar Gaur <pr...@infosys.com> on 2017/12/07 07:26:50 UTC

Issue with Running Dictionary Creator GUI

Hello,

I want to use Dictionary Creator GUI to modify Snomed to limit the vocabularies etc.

According to documentation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/Dictionary+Creator+GUI>,
"
Step 3
Select a UMLS installation directory.  This is the directory containing the META/ subdirectory (which contains RRF files<https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/new_users/online_learning/Meta_006.html>).
After selecting the UMLS installation directory, the available vocabularies are gathered.
"
Where is this Meta folder,
I have searched

1.    cTAKES installation folder

2.    I downloaded the UMLS zip with the Metathesaurus and that also does not have this folder structure mentioned here

Can someone please help on getting this tool to work ?

Regards,

RE: Issue with Running Dictionary Creator GUI

Posted by Gandhi Rajan Natarajan <Ga...@arisglobal.com>.
Hi Prakhar,

I'm not sure what is exactly wrong here as I dint faced any such issues and I did this installation a while back.

I just checked my umls download file and its close to 4.44GB. It also contains mmsys.zip which in turn contains "release.dat" file

So I'm not sure whether your download is complete.

Regards,
Gandhi

Posted by Gandhi Rajan Natarajan <Ga...@arisglobal.com>.
Hi Prakhar,

Posted by "Yadav, Harish" <hy...@live.unc.edu>.
Hi Prakhar,

Below is the location of META folder. Please change it accordingly to the directory of your installation of UMLS

C:\New_Drive\apache-ctakes-4.0.0-bin\apache-ctakes-4.0.0\umls-2017AB-full\2017AB-full\2017AB\META

Regards,
Harish.