Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2018/10/16 19:11:23 UTC

License of NLKBufferedReader

While digging into ReplaceText today, I noticed that org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.util.NLKBufferedReader is actually a direct copy of the JDK version of BufferedReader, with a few minor code edits made on top of it so that new line characters are kept. This code was in the original code commit from way back.

It feels like there is a licensing issue here, as this is Oracle source code. Joe?

--Peter

Re: License of NLKBufferedReader

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that looks super sketchy frankly and we need to address that immediately.

JeffStorck: This is an RC blocker.  I'll file a JIRA shortly.  I am
shocked this hasn't been caught before.