Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/28 14:48:58 UTC

Getting ready for the 4.3.0 release

L.S.,

Now that the release of Camel is due to go out any day now and
Jean-Baptiste is already working on getting that into ServiceMix, we
should get ourselves ready to do a follow-up Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0
release.  I'll create set of JIRA issues for the release process and
use JIRA links to point out the dependencies between the different
builds.

If anyone has some cycles available, it would be good if we could do
some builds locally to ensure that the kits are OK (no duplicate
bundles, servicemix starting clean without warnings/errors, examples
working fine, ...) before we actually start releasing things.  The
more things we can catch at this point in time, the easier the actual
release builds and votes will go.

Thanks,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Getting ready for the 4.3.0 release

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

I've created https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-655 and
added what I found at first glance as SNAPSHOT dependencies.  If
anyone else bumps into other SNAPSHOTs, make sure to add them to the
JIRA.

I have a few minor fixes ready to commit to servicemix-pom and
afterwards, I'd like to cut a release of that one tonight or tomorrow
morning, so at least we can start upgrading to a non-SNAPSHOT parent
POM again.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
<ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> Now that the release of Camel is due to go out any day now and
> Jean-Baptiste is already working on getting that into ServiceMix, we
> should get ourselves ready to do a follow-up Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0
> release.  I'll create set of JIRA issues for the release process and
> use JIRA links to point out the dependencies between the different
> builds.

Just a note. We should align the Spring version used in Camel features
and SMX features.
I had some trouble with Camel 2.5 using Spring 3.0.4 and Karaf 2.1 using 3.0.3.
So would be good to let SMX use Spring 3.0.4.

> If anyone has some cycles available, it would be good if we could do
> some builds locally to ensure that the kits are OK (no duplicate
> bundles, servicemix starting clean without warnings/errors, examples
> working fine, ...) before we actually start releasing things.  The
> more things we can catch at this point in time, the easier the actual
> release builds and votes will go.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

and thanks for this checkpoint.

Camel 2.5-SNAPSHOT integration is in progress in servicemix-camel
component (I have just two more unit tests to fix that should be fixed
in the following minutes :)) (see SMXCOMP-810).

Concerning SMX4, currently, the features override the Camel features
descriptor.
We should use the one provided by Camel (see SMX4-603 and SMX4-597). I
plan to work on it this afternoon and tonight.
In the mean time, I will upgrade SMX3 in the same way.

Some releases are required before starting the 4.3.0 release
(components, utils, specs, bundles, etc).

I propose:
- all available commiters could update and make tests on the current
SMX4 features state
- if we are ok, I will begin releasing the prerequisites.

Thanks
Regards
JB