Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/26 10:25:40 UTC

RE: compute ignite data with spark

Hi Shawn,

You can use Ignite standalone and you can also use it together with Spark.
Please take a look at these SO question and an article:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36036910/apache-spark-vs-apache-ignite
https://insidebigdata.com/2016/06/20/apache-ignite-and-apache-spark-complementary-in-memory-computing-solutions/

Stan

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Shawn,

In addition to RDDs, you'll be able to use Data Frames APIs soon with
Ignite as storage for Spark. They will be released within nearest weeks in
Ignite 2.4.

As for your question on how Ignite compares to Spark. The fist is not just
a computational engine. It's a distributed database (or cache depending on
your use case) with a variety of APIs including the compute grid. Though
you can use Ignite as storage for Spark, Ignite native APIs should be more
performant.

--
Denis