Posted to user@struts.apache.org by semaj <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/20 21:49:44 UTC

Implementing wizard like interface in struts

Hi there,

May be someone has already solved this problem. I need to implement a wizard
like page flow in my strut web application.

This is what I've done:
1. Created one big action form and put it in session scope.
2. Created action class extending DispatchAction
3. Created several jsps.

I successfully implemented the logic with previous, next, finish, and cancel
button. I removed the action form from session if the user clicks cancel or
finish buttons. The only problem i'm having is how to remove the action form
from session if the user navigates to other pages from menu bar (without
clicking cancel or finish buttons).

The other problem I'm having is how to navigate the user to first step if
he/she directly types the url of other subsequent pages.

I think i'm not the first person to face this problem. someone must have
already implemented this. Any hint will be greatly appreciated!!

There are different third party plugins for struts wizard. Do they solve my
problems?

Thanks,
semaj

Re: Implementing wizard like interface in struts

Posted by semaj <ja...@gmail.com>.
yes, Ian. I'm looking for solution on Struts 1.3.8

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by semaj <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
How do I know? This is your application, you should know better how
you manage its state.

Posted by semaj <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by semaj <ja...@gmail.com>.