Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 14:40:41 UTC

errorHandlerRef - camel route vs camel context

Hi,

I would like to know if camel behavior is different when attribute
errorHandlerRef is defined at the level of camelContext instead of
camelRoute ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: errorHandlerRef - camel route vs camel context

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jon,
>
> During my holidays my colleague has made tests on transacted routes of our
> project. He noticed what he called some "unstabilities" in transaction
> behavior. In consequence, he changed the route definition (removing direct
> between routes and use queues, change propagation property for Spring
> Transaction from required to required_new between routes) in order to solve
> the problem.
>
> From my understanding of camel, what he reports to me cannot be related to
> the use of "direct" between routes but probably to potentially issues
> existing between Hibernate/Spring. Nevertheless, I asked this question to
> check if another parameters (used in transacted routes) could impact
> transaction handling.

Yeah, from my understanding in order to avail of transactions you need to
use transaction enabled endpoints like JPA/JMS.

> Question : If errorHandledRef reference used between the routes is the
> same,
> it can be defined at the level of the context instead of each route ?

I haven't looked at the code but I would say yes. If this is not the case,
we probably need to fix it :)

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: errorHandlerRef - camel route vs camel context

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Jon,

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: errorHandlerRef - camel route vs camel context

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.