Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/18 15:37:39 UTC

Sample.sh does work when using Beeline

When executing the load file statement, it has the following exceptions:

0: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000> LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH
'DEFAULT.KYLIN_SALES.csv' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE DEFAULT.KYLIN_SALES;

Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:23
Invalid path ''DEFAULT.KYLIN_SALES.csv'': No files matching path
file:/home/hive/DEFAULT.KYLIN_SALES.csv (state=42000,code=40000)

As we know, the sample csv file is local(not at the HiveServer2 node) and
beeline could not load LOCAL, so the sample.sh does not work.
We'd better upload the sample files into HDFS first, then load into Hive
using Beeline.

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)