Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Scott Yaworski <sc...@avanade.com> on 2016/05/22 03:39:48 UTC

Interested in discussing the product in detail for a large scale music distribution and data matching project

Hello from Sydney Australia,

I'm working on an interesting project where based on what I have seen and read so far Ignite may be an option for us so I'm very interested to quickly understand if this is the case.

We have looked at a number of the standard options such as cloud, Hadoop, Spark, etc. Currently the company is using SQL Server and that really isn't the best option for this type of solution.

There are a number of reasons why we are limited to not going Cloud at this point so we are looking at an On Premise solution.

Essentially we are ingesting all of the downloaded, streamed, and viewed music content globally from iTunes, YouTube, Spotify, etc.

We ingest the data that comes in many different formats and validate it then transform the data. Then we move into the data matching and aggregation process to understand the global number.

After that we must understand who owns the rights to the music and this is a many to one relationship so the data starts to explode. Then we have license fee calcs, and finally financial distribution.

That is a very simplified view of what we are doing but will help with the understanding. Very fun project and interesting problem to solve. While this is not truly a large amount of data compared to an oil and gas scenario which is what I'm normally dealing there is a lot of data movement currently and repetitive linear processes.

I need a way to break up the data and distribute it across nodes in order to match much faster. There is also a fuzzy logic/machine learning piece to the puzzle as well.

I just discovered your product yesterday and I'm hoping I can get some deeper information quickly from someone who could possibly have a conversation with me.

I would like a deeper understanding of the product and also some understand of what the hardware requirements/impact will be if we head down this path.

The company is a not for profit organisation so I'm hoping to minimize cost of them as much as possible while also giving them the ability to scale and more and more people around the world stream and download music.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Scott Yaworski
Director - Digital IOT/Big Data Lead
Avanade Australia Pty Ltd | Perth
Level 3, 5 Mill St Perth, WA
Email: scott.yaworski@avanade.com<ma...@avanade.com>
Mobile: +61 437 464 037
www.avanade.com/au<http://www.avanade.com/>

Re: Interested in discussing the product in detail for a large scale music distribution and data matching project

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

If you need to chat with someone in the community, then you can also try
the Ignite chat room:
https://gitter.im/apacheignite/ignite

D.