Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yousef Ourabi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/22 00:45:29 UTC

Junit Tests for Indexer / Searcher

Hey All:
So Obviously the lucene dev-team uses unit tests when building the
api, but what are people's experiences with using unit tests to test
that indexing is working, that searching is working. Are there
pre-developed test-suits for such things, so that I can make a change
to a some search parameter, run the test-suite and be certain that
lucene works?

I greatly appreciate any help.

Best,
Yousef

Re: Junit Tests for Indexer / Searcher

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jun 21, 2005, at 6:45 PM, Yousef Ourabi wrote:

> Hey All:
> So Obviously the lucene dev-team uses unit tests when building the
> api, but what are people's experiences with using unit tests to test
> that indexing is working, that searching is working. Are there
> pre-developed test-suits for such things, so that I can make a change
> to a some search parameter, run the test-suite and be certain that
> lucene works?

I don't know of any pre-developed test suites for something like you
describe.  Unit testing with Lucene is incredibly easy thanks to
RAMDirectory.  Could you elaborate a bit more on what you're after
that couldn't be done in a handful of lines of code already?

     Erik