Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Mohammad Awadat <m....@technohome.net> on 2016/05/31 08:29:35 UTC

Open Office with Oracle forms 10g

Dear Sir

I am using openoffice 4.1.2  on windows server 2003 64 bit

When test jar file from command for convert docx to pdf, it working
fine,

But when add jar as library to forms 10g give me    this exception

connection failed: socket,host=localhost,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1

this value set in registry = "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice
4\program\soffice.exe" -headless -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;" -
nofirststartwizard

and also try this = "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice
4\program\soffice.exe" -headless -accept="socket,
host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;" -nofirststartwizard

and this   "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\soffice.exe"
-headless -accept="socket, host=localhost,port=8100;urp;" -
nofirststartwizard

I need your help, it is important issue

Thanks

M.Awadat

Re: Open Office with Oracle forms 10g

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Mohammad,

I'm still not sure how your application is bootstrapping the office.

There is some difficulty in bootstrapping the office and connecting when
the AOO jars are not the ones located in the installation.

The AOO jars are juh, jurt, ridl, and unoil.

The ones you list look like they are from version 3.2.1 and not 4.1.2.

I'm guessing this may be a web-app and the jars used are not located in
the AOO program/classes folder.

One way to do this is to use the bootstrap-connector jar that can be
found in the Maven repository.

All of these jars can be found in Maven Central here:
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.openoffice%22

Method to use bootstrap-connector:

* Add the bootstrap-connector jar file to the classpath.
* Determine the folder of your OpenOffice.org executable "soffice.exe"
(on Windows systems) or "soffice" (on *nix systems). On Windows it might
be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\", and on
*nix for example something like "/opt/openoffice4/program".
* Edit your Java source code file, that tries to get the connection by
calling "Bootstrap.bootstrap()". This is mostly done with a Java source
code line looking like this:
 > XComponentContext xContext = Bootstrap.bootstrap();
* Add the following line to your import statements:
 > import ooo.connector.BootstrapSocketConnector;
* Add a line above "Bootstrap.bootstrap()" to assign the name of the
folder of your OpenOffice.org executable to a String variable (note
slash direction for Windows):
 > String oooExeFolder = "C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenOffice 4/program/";
* Change the call of "Bootstrap.bootstrap()" to
"BootstrapSocketConnector.bootstrap(oooExeFolder)":
 > XComponentContext xContext =
BootstrapSocketConnector.bootstrap(oooExeFolder);

There is also a bootstrap-connector sources jar that has an example in it.

Another method is to use a custom classloader and office finder like the
NetBeans plugin generated clients have.

If I've misunderstood your issue please elaborate on your connection
method and which registry you mentioned.

Best regards,
Carl

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Mohammad,

I'm not familiar with using Oracle forms.

Please provide some more information about your application such as:

Is this a stand-alone client application using the Java UNO jars?

Which AOO jars are you using and how are they placed on the classpath?

Was the successful test you described from within the AOO application or
a client application using the AOO jars?

Did this previously work on an older version of AOO and doesn't now or
is this a new application?

Thanks,
Carl