Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ibrahima Comma <i_...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/07 14:29:52 UTC

DbUtils - Add InputStreamPropertyHandler

Hi all developers,

I wish you all the best for 2021.

I have been using Apache Commons-DbUtils last two weeks. I found the library really smart to deal with sql queries. Especially the capability to externalize the Sql query to property file. Congratulations to all contributors.

For the first time, I would like to contribute to an open source project.

I wanted to implement the « InputStreamPropertyHandler » to deal with Blob type in some Datasources. This handler will simply behave as the existing « DatePropertyHandler ».

Before starting any feature request or pull request, I would like to know if it make sense to add this new handler from your perspective. If yes, is there any onboarding process to contribute to this project ?

Thank you for your response,

Best Regards,
Ibrahima Comma