Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neo Gigs <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/11 05:00:39 UTC

Help in JDBC

hi there,

I had the following codes on my JSP page:

To test JDBC call to fire stored procedure named <b>sp_GetClatTypeIE</b>
<%! Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); %>
<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*, java.math.*, java.io.*" %>
<%

     try{
             String url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.97.2.50:1521:REL4";
             String scall = "begin sp_GetClatTypeIE(?, ?); end;";
             Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "tux", "tux");
             CallableStatement cs = conn.prepareCall(scall);
             cs.registerOutParameter(2, Types.VARCHAR);
             cs.setInt(1, 22555);
             cs.execute();
       cs.close();
      conn.close();
             String output = cs.getString(2);
         } catch (SQLException e) {
             System.err.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
        }
        out.println("Result is: " + output);
%>

and when i run it on my Tomcat 3.3a (Sun), i get this error returned:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile /software/jakarta-tomcat-3.3a/work/DEFAULT/ROOT/SpTest_2.java:12: Type expected.
         Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
                       ^
1 error

	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.javac(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

whats wrong? please help me!

Thanks
Regards,
Neo Gigs ======== VB?http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeohttp://www.vbcity.com/forumhttp://www.vbweb.co.ukGet paid cash receive email?http://www.MintMail.com/?m=1414418 Reading SMS got paid?http://www.dynamicsms.com.au/intro.asp?ref=0123502385&refc=348 Malaysianshop.com http://www.malaysianshop.comMore Traffic? http://www.exitblaze.com/cgi-bin/intro_track.pl?b=25924&c=xbad1================================================ Note:This is intended to addressees only, if you wanna be removed, let me know.

Re: Unix (Solaris) HTML Editor for Apache and Tomcat, Recommendations?

Posted by Steve <st...@yahoo.com>.
IBM has something out.

I'm only aware of one wysiwyg html editor and that would be composer, it
comes with netscape 6.2.1

Posted by Neo Gigs <gi...@yahoo.com>.
Personally I would suggest Forte for Sun

Posted by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com>.
--- Brian Adams <bi...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
> netbaens! it will do that and more (java) when you
> are ready for servlets!
> :)
> www.netbeans.org

I use netbeans, but I think the key hear is wysiwig. I
know netbeans has a code based html editor, but
wysiwig html? I haven't come across that even in 3.3.1

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"
See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

RE: Unix (Solaris) HTML Editor for Apache and Tomcat, Recommendations?

Posted by Brian Adams <bi...@satx.rr.com>.