Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by K Richard <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/17 06:42:54 UTC

see screenshot

Hello OpenOffice help people,

Last Monday, I downloaded the new MAC Sierra OS X system and have had a lot of trouble with Open Office since then.

Today, Mac support helped me do a NVRAM and a Safeboot mode troubleshooting procedure.
Many problems are now solved but one is this.  I couldn’t cut, paste in a document today with Edit function or using shortcut keys, then later this window appeared.  See screenshot and now I can’t get rid of it.

I can’t restart the computer while this window below is open and it won’t allow me to Quit Open Office so I have to do a FORCE QUIT every time.

When I click REOPEN, nothings happens and when I click Don’t Reopen, nothing happens but I also would like to make this go away.  How can I delete it from my desktop?

Thanks for your help.  I don’t even know what to call this or I would have tried the C. Forum.

Thanks,
Kathy

Re: see screenshot

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2016-12-17, 12:42 AM K Richard wrote concerning "see screenshot":

> Hello OpenOffice help people,
>
> Last Monday, I downloaded the new MAC Sierra OS X system and have had a lot of trouble with
> Open Office since then.
>
> Today, Mac support helped me do a NVRAM and a Safeboot mode troubleshooting procedure.
> Many problems are now solved but one is this.  I couldn’t cut, paste in a document today with
> Edit function or using shortcut keys, then later this window appeared.  See screenshot and
> now I can’t get rid of it.
>
> I can’t restart the computer while this window below is open and it won’t allow me to Quit
> Open Office so I have to do a FORCE QUIT every time.
>

> When I click REOPEN, nothings happens and when I click Don’t Reopen, nothing happens but I
> also would like to make this go away.  How can I delete it from my desktop?
>
> Thanks for your help.  I don’t even know what to call this or I would have tried the C. Forum.
>
> Thanks,
> Kathy

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is in the "Saved
Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Known bug listed in the release notes, with solution for the problem.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com