Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/09/01 21:49:38 UTC

First commit for a PLC4J GUI

Hi all,

I know I brought this up several times before, unfortunately it seems my request only seeded discussions about which technology to use and not to get the initiative off the ground.

So, I took the liberty of simply starting.

Today I build a first part of a JavaFX-based GUI application, that should utilize our PLC4J API and drivers to allow using PLC4X without any programming knowledge.

I hope this will seed the interest of less experienced it-folks (And possibly OT folks) and make them more interested in what we do.

Also, perhaps someone wants to join in and help me with the application. I would be delighted to not work on this on my own, even if I learnt a lot tonight (But I’ll have to re-watch those episodes of Sandman, because I missed most of the story)

The code will be in plc4j/tools/ui (As soon as the build passes locally)

Chris