Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by VIDYASAGAR R NALLU <vn...@juno.com> on 2001/06/20 17:49:43 UTC

Newbie: Please help me in installing mod_perl

Hi,

I'm completely new to mod_perl. So please don't scold me too hard if i'm
asking silly question. Basically i installed and configured Apache web
server, working fine with out any problem. Now i would like to install
mod_perl. According to documentation using ppm i installed ppd file of
mod_perl. Successfully copied "mod_perl.so" into the modules directory of
Apache webserver.

I included the following statements into httpd.conf file:

Alias /Perl/ /vnallu/http/perl

  PerlModule Apache::Registry
  <Location /httpd>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
    PerlSendHeader On
    allow from all
  </Location>

When i started the server i'm ended up with the following error message:

"Invalid module PerlModule perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration."

Is this problem anyway related to mod_perl-1.25.tar.gz. Totally confused.
Please someone kind enough to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance
vnallu

Re: Newbie: Please help me in installing mod_perl

Posted by Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com>.
On Wednesday 20 June 2001 17:49, VIDYASAGAR R NALLU wrote:
> According to documentation using ppm i installed ppd file of
> mod_perl. Successfully copied "mod_perl.so" into the modules directory of
> Apache webserver.
>
> When i started the server i'm ended up with the following error message:
>
> "Invalid module PerlModule perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration."

You need to add (before any mod_perl directive):

Note that I'm guessing that it ought to be mod_perl.so, I haven't used
mod_perl on win32 in ages and back then it was ApacheModulePerl.dll.

Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
To err is human, to purr feline.