Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrea Vagliengo <va...@csp.it> on 2005/03/08 15:28:38 UTC

XForms and Cocoon

Hi all,
I'm using the WebServices-Proxy generator provided by Cocoon to allow
communication between my cocoon-based application and some other servlet based
web-services.
I can't find any documentation about XForm support under cocoon: the WS-Proxy
manages XForms, but I have to render it some way in the browser and I need XSLT
transformation to adapt the XML content to the client user-agent.
Can you tell me where I can find some docs about trasforming XForms content with
some XSL transforms? Do you perhaps know if there is some general XSLT already
available for this purpose (such as the Cocoon built-in stylesheets, ready to
modify) ?

Thank you all for your eventual reply,

Andrea Vagliengo

Re: XForms and Cocoon

Posted by Erik Bruchez <eb...@orbeon.com>.
Lars Huttar wrote:
> Christoph Hermann wrote:
>
>> Andrea Vagliengo schrieb:
>>
>> Hello,
>>

>>> I can't find any documentation about XForm support under cocoon: the
>>> WS-Proxy manages XForms, but I have to render it some way in the
>>> browser and I need XSLT transformation to adapt the XML content to
>>> the client user-agent. Can you tell me where I can find some docs
>>> about trasforming XForms content with some XSL transforms? Do you
>>> perhaps know if there is some general XSLT already available for this
>>> purpose (such as the Cocoon built-in stylesheets, ready to modify) ?
>>>

>> There is Chicoon, maybe you can use this, see the Mailinglist Post:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40cocoon.apache.org/msg22905.html
>>
>> HTH
>> Christoph
>>

> I'm in agreement, Chicoon is a good way to go.
>
> See this wiki page for more info on XForms in Cocoon:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XFormsInCocoon

If you are looking for an open source XML platform that actively
supports XForms, and if you haven't made a final decision on Cocoon yet,
you may also want to consider the Orbeon PresentationServer platform.

   http://www.orbeon.com/software/
   http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/ops/

-Erik

Re: XForms and Cocoon

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Christoph Hermann wrote:

>Andrea Vagliengo schrieb:
>
>Hello,
>

>>I can't find any documentation about XForm support under cocoon: the
>>WS-Proxy manages XForms, but I have to render it some way in the
>>browser and I need XSLT transformation to adapt the XML content to
>>the client user-agent. Can you tell me where I can find some docs
>>about trasforming XForms content with some XSL transforms? Do you
>>perhaps know if there is some general XSLT already available for this
>>purpose (such as the Cocoon built-in stylesheets, ready to modify) ?
>>

>There is Chicoon, maybe you can use this, see the Mailinglist Post:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40cocoon.apache.org/msg22905.html
>
>HTH
>Christoph

I'm in agreement, Chicoon is a good way to go.

See this wiki page for more info on XForms in Cocoon:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XFormsInCocoon

Lars

Re: XForms and Cocoon

Posted by Christoph Hermann <ch...@tu-clausthal.de>.