Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nick Gilbert <ni...@nickgilbert.com> on 2005/05/10 10:43:27 UTC

Re: Difference in scores between spamc and spamassassin [RESOLVED]

>> Surely they should both give exactly the same result?
>
> Maybe.. Depends a LOT on the options you pass to spamd when you start it.

Yes you're right - there's an error in the scripts on Bill Shupps
shupp.org site which I used to make my box - it was calling spamd with
-L for some reason. I expect someone turned it on for debugging and
forgot to remove it again.

Thanks!

Nick...

Re: Difference in scores between spamc and spamassassin [RESOLVED]

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Nick Gilbert wrote:

>>>Surely they should both give exactly the same result?
>>>

>>Maybe.. Depends a LOT on the options you pass to spamd when you start it.
>>

>Yes you're right - there's an error in the scripts on Bill Shupps
>shupp.org site which I used to make my box - it was calling spamd with
>-L for some reason. I expect someone turned it on for debugging and
>forgot to remove it again.

Well, some people do prefer to run it that way... You get some
substantial speed benefits by doing so, but your accuracy suffers.