Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steve Huckle <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/15 12:31:58 UTC

Analysis Tool Not Working for CharFilterFactory?

I have used a CharFilterFactory in my schema.xml for fileType
text_general, so that queries for cafe and café return the same results.
It works correctly. Here's the relevant part of my schema.xml:

      <fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
       <analyzer type="index">
         <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
words="stopwords.txt" />
       </analyzer>
       <analyzer type="query">
         <charFilter class="solr.MappingCharFilterFactory"
mapping="mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt"/>
words="stopwords.txt" />
         <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
       </analyzer>
     </fieldType>

However, using the analysis tool within the admin ui, if I analyse
text_general with any field values for index and query, the output for
ST, SF and LCF are all empty. Is this a bug?

--
Steve Huckle

If you print this email, eventually you'll want to throw it away. But there is no away. So don't print this email, even if you have to.

Re: Analysis Tool Not Working for CharFilterFactory?

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Steve

you didn't mention which release you're using, but from looking at the screenshot i'd guess you're hitting http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5800 - which was introduced in 4.7.0 and fixed in 4.7.1+

HTH
-Stefan

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Which version of Solr. I think there was a bug in ui. You can check network
traffic to confirm.