Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/10/10 01:06:06 UTC

Re: Can ApacheDS serve as a Virtual Directory with a RDB back-end (without

> From: Steven Peterson <sp...@listpilot.com>
> Date: 2006/10/09 Mon PM 02:13:13 EDT
> To: dev@directory.apache.org
> Subject: Can ApacheDS serve as a Virtual Directory with a RDB back-end (without
>  customization)?
>
> Hi All,
>
> I apologize if this is not the place to ask this question, but I could
> not find an Apache DS 'users' list.

No problem at all.

> I need an LDAP interface to a relational database.  I am working with a
> package that can speak to any LDAP server but not to a relational
> database.  However, all the data is maintained in a relational
> database.  So my thought is to find an LDAP server that I can plug into
> the database at the back-end.  It can be read-only.  Can I use ApacheDS
> for this?

You could write your own partition implementation for ApacheDS but a few folks have already implemented a virtual directory using ApacheDS.  Penrose is a virtual directory built on top of ApacheDS.  Here's a link to it:

http://penrose.apache.org

HTH,
Alex

Re: Can ApacheDS serve as a Virtual Directory with a RDB back-end (without

Posted by Jim Yang <ji...@safehaus.org>.
Steven,

The address should be http://penrose.safehaus.org

Thx,