Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com> on 2000/08/18 01:34:59 UTC

browser client/apache soap

Does anyone have an example of a browser client
using apache soap?

I'm wondering how the soap call is packaged up. In the examples, all the clients
are java apps that have the advantage of using the Call class mechanism.

Would it work to  call a servlet with query parms, then have that servlet
use the soap Call stuff and then forward or include the RPCRouterServlet?

thanks.

Re: browser client/apache soap

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Rich,

You raise a good point, and last week there were a lot of discussions about
support for the session object in a future release. I believe that for now
you need to implement a unique session identifier yourself.

However, I am curious about this, as it would seem to me that the browser
loads an HTML page (which includes a SOAP aware applet), the browser would
define the Session ID, and then any SOAP calls from the applet should use
the same session ID. Is this correct?

Cory

Posted by Rich Johns <rj...@vignette.com>.
That'd be great. Thanks.