Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/16 23:44:39 UTC

Is it time for a user list?

Presentations provided by both Joe Witt and Joey Echeverria sparked
interest in NiFi.  To that end, a lot of the dialog occurring was less
specifically development focused and more on how to use NiFi, explaining
scope of the project, and how to integrate with existing data flow,
inclusive of suggestions on ideas for data formats and sources/destinations
for data.

For the sake of separation, does it make sense to now introduce a users
list in conjunction with the dev list to facilitate the separation of
channels of information?  Not sure what kind of lead time is needed for
infra (assuming this is in fact done through them), so even if this is a
bit on the early side, it may coincide with a juncture when a legitimate
need is there.

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I think that as an ex-chair I have the karma. When I am not at the dentist
I'll try it.

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Benson,

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
ok will do.

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
They aren't my commands. I filled out a form and that is what came back. I
got your message.

Re: Is it time for a user list?

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
All,

Thanks to Benson, our users list is now live.

Additionally,  the users archive [1] is also available.  I have updated our
mailing lists page [2] to include the users mailing list information.
I would encourage you all to subscribe by sending an email to
users-subscribe@nifi.incubator.apache.org.

At this point we should encourage the delineation between user and
development where practical to have a more focused context on each
channel.  It shall be a gradual shift, but we can slowly create that
transition in the days ahead.

Thanks!
Aldrin

--