Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/03/13 22:31:47 UTC

pretty

Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on with
the "pretty" flag in the serialization code.  Axis does
stuff like:
  boolean oldPretty = context.getPretty();
  context.setPretty(true);
first thing in the SOAPEnvelope outputImpl code which
means "pretty" is turned on all the time.  Am I missing
something or do we totally ignore this flag?  And if so
why?
-Dug

Re: pretty

Posted by Thomas Sandholm <sa...@mcs.anl.gov>.
Not sure whether it answers your question, but we were seeing some issues
with this flag when using XML signature through a SOAP intermediary. So I
added a way of turning of pretty on a SOAPBody from our router.
/Thomas
At 02:31 PM 3/13/2003 -0700, Doug Davis wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on with
>the "pretty" flag in the serialization code.  Axis does
>stuff like:
>   boolean oldPretty = context.getPretty();
>   context.setPretty(true);
>first thing in the SOAPEnvelope outputImpl code which
>means "pretty" is turned on all the time.  Am I missing
>something or do we totally ignore this flag?  And if so
>why?
>-Dug

Thomas Sandholm <sa...@mcs.anl.gov>
The Globus Project(tm) <http://www.globus.org>