Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Fang Yang <fy...@mitra.com> on 2002/06/13 22:57:27 UTC

How to configure Filter

Hi, all,

I'm using Log4J 1.2. Could anybody tell me how to use filter? I tried to configure it in property file like:

log4j.appender.FILE.filter=org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelMatchFilter
log4j.appender.FILE.filter.LevelToMatch=AUDIT#com.mycompany.MyLevel
log4j.appender.FILE.filter.AcceptOnMatch=true

but got an error message:
log4j:WARN Failed to set property [filter] to value "org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelMatchFilter". No setter for property [filter].

I checked the doc and source and yes, filter is not a property. So how to do this? Thanks a lot.

FY