Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2006/08/01 17:38:26 UTC

Re: Scandinavian letters (Ã" Ã- Ã.) are not shown correctly

On your side, assuming you are on Tomcat 5, make sure the Connector config
in server.xml has URIEncoding="UTF-8" and that the config of the
CharEncodingFilter is enabled in web.xml.

If you file a JIRA issue with instructions on how to reproduce it, I will at
least look into it.  The CTRL+F5 behavior suggests there might be a caching
bug somewhere.   We may not have any more 2.x releases, but if I find it and
fix it, it will get in.

The code in 3.0 is quite different, but I recently found and fixed a similar
bug in that where we were using the default JVM charset encoding in one
place.

I'd request the same for the user-disabling issue.  I've been developing on
MySQL 4.1.7, but I'm planning to move up to 5.x this week, and I'll look
into that one as well.

--a.

Posted by slitzu <sl...@luukku.com>.
Here's my Tomcat's server.xml:

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

And here's the code from Roller's web.xml:

<filter>
      <filter-name>CharEncodingFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.roller.presentation.filters.CharEncodingFilter</filter-class>
   </filter>

So I think that CharEncodingFilter you mentioned is enabled.
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.