Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ramazan Yildirim <Ra...@telenity.com> on 2005/06/17 13:49:49 UTC

JMeter on Linux Http Sampler

We are using JMeter 2.0.3. There seems to be a problem with the Http
Sampler component. The test was pretty simple, and we did the same
experiment with a tool that we have written using Apache http client.
What we did is we have written an empty jsp page and called it using
JMeter and our http client tool. We have used 40 threads and used only
one listener on the JMeter test.  The throughput was around 1600/min.
The same test with the http client tool has yielded 10000/min.

The client computer was a Celeron 1.7Ghz, 1GB memory. And JVM memory
parameters were -Xms256m -Xmx256m.

What happens on the JMeter side is weird interruptions when calling the
web server.

I think I have tested it using no listeners, the same interruptions were
still there.

I never have tested it with a lower thread size.

What's might be wrong with this setup? Or is this the expected outcome?

Regards,

Ramazan YILDIRIM

Re: JMeter on Linux Http Sampler

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
actually my benchmarks against tomcat for static files was using
Httpsampler2, which uses apache Httpclient.  testing a blank page
really only tests the parsing of HTTP header and the OS socket
performance.

In practice, on real webpages, JMeter will do just fine.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.