Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2015/01/19 22:46:53 UTC

Reporting and releasing for Ripple

The Ripple community asked for a stay of execution before being moved to the attic, as was recommended by some. This was granted in November 2014 with a review in six months.

No board report was submitted this month and no action has been taken with respect to the concerns I raised about releases from this project.

If this project community wishes to continue to operate as an incubating project, and eventually graduate, then these items need to be addressed.  There are two months remaining. Without an ASF approved release happening in that period it is unlikely that the IPMC will approve a further six months.

I'm here as a mentor and ready to help guide any member of this community (committer or otherwise, everyone is welcome) in making a release.

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation