Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/06/10 00:06:27 UTC

2.1.2 release

Hi all,

can everyone please take a look at all open bugs, and properly mark the
ones that needs to be fixed for our first v2.2.0 release with a "target"
of v2.1.2? I'm hoping v2.1.2 will be our last "feature" release before
v2.2.0, and we'll only do a v2.1.3 release if there's enough bugs in the
v2.1.2 release. Also, take a look at the bugs already assigned for the
2.1.2 release, if any of them can be moved out to after the v2.2.0
release, mark them for either 2.2.1 or 2.3.0. There is still not date
decided for the v2.2.0 release, but I think doing some bug triaging will
help us estimate when we can possible make the release.

Finally, we need to get a whole lot more testing done with the 2.1.x
releases, if you can, try it out on as many platforms and configurations
as possible. Stress test them, production test them (I converted all my
"private" sites to be fronted by ATS), try weird or complex
configurations. We need to get some mileage on these builds before we
make the 2.2.0 release.

Cheers,

-- leif