Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/05/16 08:13:00 UTC

Broken download links for Jackrabbit 2.4.5

Hi,

On http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/downloads.html#v2.4

the download links seem to have broken Markdown:

[jackrabbit-2.4.5-src.zip](http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/jackrabbit/2.4.5/jackrabbit-2.4.5-src.zip'
(12M, source zip, PGP signature)

The hyperlink also includes the trailing ' - which doesn't work.

BTW - I couldn't find out how to suggest a patch to your website.
https://cms.apache.org/jackrabbit/ was a bit stuck in older days and
the Update button didn't work.

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/website.html says

> TODO: Explain new pubsub mechanism

One idea would be to enable mirroring to Github, which would allow
pull requests.  (But you would have to merge those with svn ..)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Broken download links for Jackrabbit 2.4.5

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 18/05/2016 14:53, Davide Giannella wrote:
> as of today do you still see the problem with the link? I can't see it.
nevermind this topic. Noticed now Amit's commit to fix it.

Cheers
Davide

Re: Broken download links for Jackrabbit 2.4.5

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

> On http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/downloads.html#v2.4
>
> the download links seem to have broken Markdown:
>
> [jackrabbit-2.4.5-src.zip](http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/jackrabbit/2.4.5/jackrabbit-2.4.5-src.zip'
> (12M, source zip, PGP signature)
>
> The hyperlink also includes the trailing ' - which doesn't work.
>

> BTW - I couldn't find out how to suggest a patch to your website.
> https://cms.apache.org/jackrabbit/ was a bit stuck in older days and
> the Update button didn't work.
>
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jcr/website.html says
>
>> TODO: Explain new pubsub mechanism
> One idea would be to enable mirroring to Github, which would allow
> pull requests.  (But you would have to merge those with svn ..)

Hello Stian,

as of today do you still see the problem with the link? I can't see it.

In order to contribute patches for the website you should checkout the
svn source tree
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/trunk/), do your
change and file a ticket in jira with the patch attached.

Someone from the committers will take a look at it.

HTH
Cheers
Davide