Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "K. Lo Shih" <lo...@toolslab.de> on 2001/02/10 17:44:13 UTC

C2: problems with /cocoon/status, "Namespace not supported by SAXParser"

I've just installed C2 and am running it for the first time using
xml-cocoon via cvs, tomcat-3.2.1.

All is well until Cocoon services its first request whereupon it dies with
the exception org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: "The sitemap handler's
sitemap is not available". The sitemap.xmap seems to be in the proper place
in the unjarred war directory.

Has anyone run into this one?

The first exception logged is a ParserConfigurationException saying:
"Namespace not supported by SAXParser" (thrown somewhere within
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser()). So, I thinking
that this is a problem with not having the proper SAX parser class
configured because of a system properties setting. Do I need to have a jaxp
properties file somewhere in addition to installing cocoon.war?

Stack trace:

DEBUG   2526    [cocoon  ] (Thread-24): DefaultComponentManager returned
instance for role org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.
ERROR   4030    [cocoon  ] (Thread-24): Logicsheet.setInputSource
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Namespace not
supported by SAXParser
         at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFa
ctoryImpl.java:755)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.Logicsheet.setInputSource(Logic
sheet.java:83)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.configur
e(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:143)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.CocoonComponentSelector.setupComponent(CocoonComponentSele
ctor.java:241)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.CocoonComponentSelector.select(CocoonComponentSelector.jav
a:160)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:136)
         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:162)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Thanks,
Lo.

Re: C2: problems with /cocoon/status, "Namespace not supported

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
K. Lo Shih wrote:

> At 15:23 01/10/2001 -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  It sounds like you are trying to use a JAXP parser.  Unfortunately,
>> I don't think that JAXP supports SAX 2 at this time.  Cocoon requires a
>> SAX 2 compliant XML parser to function (which is where you get the
>> namespace
>> support).
>

> Should then I be using xerces-1.2.3's parser factory
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl (which I understand supports
> SAX2) rather than the "default" com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl?
>
> Do I set this using
> -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory
> Impl (and copy the xerces_1_2_3.jar into $TOMCAT_HOME/lib)? I'm unable
> to find where to specify a Cocoon2 specific property for the SAX parser
> factory def.

Basically, you can do that.  Keep in mind that Cocoon 2 by default uses the
proper parser from Xerces.  If you have other XML parsers in the classpath
before Xerces, it may alter the default operation.

What I do is simply take the xerces jar and put it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib, and
remove the other parser libraries.

Does anyone have a jar with the simple interfaces that SAX 2 and DOM 2 use?
By placing that in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory, we can avoid most
XML Parser problems.

Re: xinclude

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <sc...@criticalsoftware.com>.
Try this document instead

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>

<page xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude" >
<xinclude:include xinclude:parse="text" xinclude:href="foo.txt"/>
<xinclude:include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="foo.xml"/>
</page>

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:11:15 +0100
Magistrali Marco <ma...@ariadne.it> wrote:

> hi, I have a little problem.
> I can't use the xinclude processor, I can't use the example in cocoon...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
> <!--<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?>-->
> <page xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude" >
> <include xinclude:parse="text" xinclude:href="foo.txt"/>
> <include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="foo.xml"/>
> </page>
>

> what can I do?

Sergio Carvalho
---------------
scarvalho@criticalsoftware.com

xinclude

Re: C2: problems with /cocoon/status, "Namespace not supported by

Posted by "K. Lo Shih" <lo...@toolslab.de>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: C2: problems with /cocoon/status, "Namespace not supported by SAXParser"

Posted by "K. Lo Shih" <lo...@toolslab.de>.
Thanks Alexander Weinmann, Berin Loritsch,

Problem solved w/ adding a symlink named a-xerces_1_2_3.jar (among other
things).

Appreciate it,
Lo.