Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Taylor <wa...@agentwaresystems.com> on 2001/12/07 19:13:21 UTC

Does Tomcat support Server Push?

A content type of

multipart/x-mixed-replace;boundary=End\n
\n
--End\n
Content type: text/html\n
<document>
--End\n
\n

Supposedly lets the server push a new page image to the client at will.

I have tried to do this with Tomcat by setting the content type and
sending successive pages in a loop, but all the pages come out as text
at the same time.

Is there a known way to support server push with Tomcat?

Thanks.

Bill Taylor

Re: Does Tomcat support Server Push?

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
It's not Tomcat, it's the browser. IE doesn't support server push -- which I
think is stupid, but I'm sure there's a reason. Netscape is the only browser
I know that supports multipart/x-mixed-replace.

--jeff