Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2008/08/07 23:29:38 UTC

Were SNAPSHOT artifacts cleaned recently?

I tried building the 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT release from a clean repo earlier
today and was getting a build failure due to the following dependency in
Genesis 1.3 no longer being in the m2 snapshot repo on people.apache -

     org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config:geronimo-skin:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT

So, I went back and rebuilt the missing depend and deployed only this
one artifact back to snapshots by using the genesis-1.2 tag and changing
the required pom to use version=1.2-SNAPSHOT.

But, this points out a problem in the released genesis-1.3 artifacts,
that we need to resolve for the 2.1 branch and trunk by either creating
a Genesis 1.3.1 release to fix the following files -
    src/site/site.xml
    config/project-config/src/site/site.xml
or move up to genesis-1.5-SNAPSHOT in genesis/branches/1.x

Preferences?

-Donald

Re: Were SNAPSHOT artifacts cleaned recently?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Aug 7, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> I tried building the 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT release from a clean repo
> earlier today and was getting a build failure due to the following
> dependency in Genesis 1.3 no longer being in the m2 snapshot repo on
> people.apache -
>
>    org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config:geronimo-skin:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> So, I went back and rebuilt the missing depend and deployed only
> this one artifact back to snapshots by using the genesis-1.2 tag and
> changing the required pom to use version=1.2-SNAPSHOT.
>
> But, this points out a problem in the released genesis-1.3
> artifacts, that we need to resolve for the 2.1 branch and trunk by
> either creating a Genesis 1.3.1 release to fix the following files -
>   src/site/site.xml
>   config/project-config/src/site/site.xml
> or move up to genesis-1.5-SNAPSHOT in genesis/branches/1.x
>
> Preferences?

Jason Dillon was working on a genesis 2.0 recently.  If he's able to
finish it reasonably soon I think we should move to it.  Otherwise
I'll create a genesis 1.5 that has some of the simplifications I know
about.  I really don't want anything stuck on older versions of genesis.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Donald Woods wrote:
> I tried building the 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT release from a clean repo earlier
> today and was getting a build failure due to the following dependency in
> Genesis 1.3 no longer being in the m2 snapshot repo on people.apache -
>
>     org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config:geronimo-skin:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> So, I went back and rebuilt the missing depend and deployed only this
> one artifact back to snapshots by using the genesis-1.2 tag and changing
> the required pom to use version=1.2-SNAPSHOT.
>
> But, this points out a problem in the released genesis-1.3 artifacts,
> that we need to resolve for the 2.1 branch and trunk by either creating
> a Genesis 1.3.1 release to fix the following files -
>    src/site/site.xml
>    config/project-config/src/site/site.xml
> or move up to genesis-1.5-SNAPSHOT in genesis/branches/1.x
>
> Preferences?

Donald,

First off ... the answer to the subject questions is "yes".  It appears
that we were running short of disk space and so anything on the snapshot
repository that was older than 30 days (across all Apache projects) was
deleted yesterday.

As far as the genesis issue goes ... it appears that this is only an
issue when building the site (is that correct? .... Jarek did some
digging and discovered this).  That would explain why I never noticed it
with G 2.1.2 which also is dependent upon Genesis 1.3.  I would propose
that we move to Genesis 1.4 until 1.5 is released rather than being
dependent on another snapshot which isn't really necessary at this point.

Joe