Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2020/03/02 08:06:47 UTC

[Starter] Startup detection not working reliable anymore

Hi,

some time back we added a mechanism that - on startup of the starter
application - display a screen telling the user that the server is
starting up.

Over time this mechanism got changed - I don't know what exactly it is
using today - but it is not working reliable anymore. If you hit refresh
you are presented with different exceptions. Eventually, after pressing
refresh some more times, the startup page is there.

This means, depending on when you open the browser, you either get the
startup notice or an exception - clearly not a great user experience.

It would be great if this could be fixed.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [Starter] Startup detection not working reliable anymore

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks Georg,

I could see it just by hitting refresh several times in the browser
during startup.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.