Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by eks dev <ek...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/12/11 17:34:37 UTC

codec="Pulsing" per field broken?

on the latest trunk, my schema.xml with field type declaration
containing //codec="Pulsing"// does not work any more (throws
exception from FieldType). It used to work wit approx. a month old
trunk version.

I didn't dig deeper, can be that the old schema.xml  was broken and
worked by accident.

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Plugin Initializing failure for
[schema.xml] fieldType
	at org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.load(AbstractPluginLoader.java:183)
	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.readSchema(IndexSchema.java:368)
	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:107)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:651)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:409)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:243)
	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:93)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:713)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1282)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:518)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:499)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at runjettyrun.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:86)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: schema fieldtype
storableCity(XXXXXXXXX.StorableField) invalid
arguments:{codec=Pulsing}
	at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldType.setArgs(FieldType.java:177)
	at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldTypePluginLoader.init(FieldTypePluginLoader.java:127)
	at org.apache.solr.schema.FieldTypePluginLoader.init(FieldTypePluginLoader.java:43)
	at org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.load(AbstractPluginLoader.java:180)
	... 18 more

Re: codec="Pulsing" per field broken?

Posted by eks dev <ek...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks Robert,