Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hiran CHAUDHURI <hi...@amadeus.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/09 08:20:49 UTC

Troubleshoot why Tomcat stops running (was RE: How do I post a question with the users?)

CONFIDENTIAL & RESTRICTED

Usually Tomcat runs rock solid for ages. You need to find out the reason for the process to stop.
Have you had a look at the Tomcat logfiles? https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/introduction.html#Directories_and_Files

Hiran

Posted by Hiran CHAUDHURI <hi...@amadeus.com.INVALID>.
CONFIDENTIAL & RESTRICTED

I agree. If Tomcat goes down but has a chance to log a message it will do so.
If there is nothing related to a shutdown it seems Tomcat died without any grace period. One would have to check for possible reasons (one of which even could be a 'kill -9'). Such reasons would typically come from outside Tomcat.

Hiran